We are dedicated to mentoring future talent in veterinary medicine. Our various practices across the country can provide valuable hands-on experience for veterinary and veterinary technician students through externships or summer jobs. No matter what school year you are in, we encourage you to apply and enhance your learning with Western Veterinary Partner’s support.
We tailor each externship opportunity to align with your goals. Learning opportunities vary by practice and your skill level, but may include dentistry, anesthetic induction and monitoring, venipuncture, surgical assistance, patient handling and restraint, sample collection, pharmacy duties, lab work, client communication and education, and more!
Benefits of a WVP Externship:
- Choose your own adventure: small animal, mixed animal, exotic, dental, etc.
- Stipend reimbursement for all travel related expenses (unless restricted by school policies)
- Hands on experience not always found in a classroom setting
- Expand your veterinary network
- Evaluate practices to potentially join as an Early Career Veterinarian!
For additional questions and information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.